- This event has passed.
Visit to Yewbarrow House Gardens & Leighton Hall
June 26, 2015£17.50
Book Online or contact Les Armstrong for this event.
Yewbarrow House is the home of Margaret & Jonathan Denby, their garden has plants more akin to growing conditions associated with Cornwall than Cumbria. NB. The garden does have a few steep slopes.
More details are available at www.yewbarrowhouse.co.uk
Leighton Hall is the ancestral home of the Gillow family, best known as cabinet makers and upholsterers, the location is set in stunning surroundings, the garden was laid out in Victorian times, and now hosts many events including wedding celebrations and Shakespearian performances.
More details are available at www.leightonhall.co.uk
- 10.00am arrival. Light refreshments (included).
- 10.30am tour of the garden with owners Jonathan & Margaret Denby.
- 12.30pm end of tour.
- Lunch. Due to the fact that neither Yewbarrow or Leighton Hall can offer lunch, we take a picnic lunch with us and drive approx. 30mins to Leighton Hall, were the owner, Suzie Reynolds has said we can sit in the grounds and have our lunch before the tour starts.
- Official tour of Leighton Hall starts at 2.00pm and includes the garden, a falconry display and a tour of the house.
- 4.00pm Cream tea (included).
- Approx finish time 4.30pm.
£17.50 per person.
Cost includes light refreshments and tour of Yewbarrow, and tour of house, garden, falconry display, afternoon tea and scones at Leighton Hall.
Hampsfell Road, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria LA11 6BE
Telephone: 015395 32469
Carnforth, Lancashire LA5 9ST
Telephone: 01524 734474
BookingBook Online or contact Les Armstrong for this event.
Or send a cheque made out to the Professional Gardeners’ Guild, to Les Armstrong, 10 Westminster Terrace, Handbridge, Chester, CH4 7LF. Tel. 07926 518399